I would have never believed it if I didn’t try it for myself– sweet potatoes make a damn good brownie! 😋
I’ve read about mishaps with sweet potato brownie recipes, and I was so hesitant to try it when the delicious smell filled my kitchen, but 🤷🏼♀️
… loved it!
It will make a great addition to the vegan Thanksgiving desert table next week! Bonus, it can be made with left over sweet potatoes and you won’t feel so bad when the kids OD on brownies 😂
Let me know how yours come out!
Sweet Potato Brownies
f cooked and chopped sweet potatoes
- 1 cup of peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of organic, melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1+ cup of dark chocolate chips (I️ used Enjoy Life’s chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix up a flax egg with the ground flaxseed and water. Set aside while you whip up the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a food processor, blend all the other ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Grease a rectangular pan and pour the mixture in being sure to top generously with more chocolate chips!
- Bake for 30 minutes.